Linksys 4 Port Router

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Linksys 4 Port Router

Thanks for the instructions, Chuck. I just bought the thing 2 days agao but haven't hooked it up yet. thanks again. Martin

Linksys 4 Port Router

Martin,
    Here's what you do....
    - Connect the Linksys router to your cable modem via the WAN port on the router.
    - Plug in ALL your PCs into the router. If you have more than 4 PCs you'll need to buy a cheap hub for additional PCs
    - By default the Linksys router will act as a DHCP server so you tell your TCP/IP stack in all of the PCs to use a DHCP server.
    - Configure your router by opening your browser and putting 192.168.1.1 as the address. (Complete instructions are in the Linksys manual and on their web site.)
    You're done. It works wonderfully. I've never had a minute of trouble in the 18 months I've used it.
    chuck
    Opinions expressed are not necessarily those of my employer.
    Chuck, Thanks for the reply ! I guess I could simply attach my cable modem to this router & the 2 PCs that I have and go from there ? Is there any other configuration that I need to do on the 2nd PC ? i.e. do they need to share an IP address, how does that work ? Thanks, Martin

Comment

Linksys 4 Port Router

These little routers work GREAT! My cable ISP was planning to rape me to hook up 6 machines. Didn't even have to call them and change my MAC address, just cloned it!

Comment

Working...
      X