Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Here's a reason for zipping to Linux on the iSeries...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Here's a reason for zipping to Linux on the iSeries...

I believe it was Disney that recently announced that it would use Linux for advanced animation projects. I know that that's the ticket for all my clients to establish projects to convert all of their financial and accounting software today! Dave

I wouldn't recommend anything to anyone based on what Disney does. I certainly wouldn't recommend fixing something that isn't broke. Point was more to show everyone that doesn't see the point to Linux on the iSeries...that IBM is actually going out there and promoting it and selling iSeries boxes because of it. The increased visibility for the platform is a good thing(tm).

Comment

And be sure to check out the fun animations at the IBM Linux web site! (Hmmm, maybe that's what iSeries needs - a mascot! ;-)

Comment

Robert Dean wrote: I certainly wouldn't recommend fixing something that isn't broke As much as I agree with this sentiment, it must be acknowledged that certain executive types love to jump on bandwagons. A few years back, the term Reengineering was all the rage. More than several companies lost their (working well) AS/400s as a result. The ROI to the corporation in many cases was negligible, or even negative. One software company in particular was so proud of the fact that companies had to reengineer in order to comply with the software requirements, that they were smug. Their presentations made particular note of what was referred to as a reengineered workflow. Up until a few years ago, it was normal for this software to implemented over a five year period. One wonders what the excitement was about. Dave

Comment

(If you'll pardon the pun)... http://news.com.com/2100-1001-939726.html?tag=fd_top

Comment

Cartoons!

Comment

Working...
            X