TechTip: MS Excel--They Gotta Have It!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

** This thread discusses the article: TechTip: MS Excel--They Gotta Have It! **
    David Abramowitz wrote: > Perhaps you would like to discern your methods in a form of a tech > tip, so that all readers could share your technique. Then he wouldn't have a product to sell. Bill

Comment

"The users are home in bed sleeping when the jobs are run." I liked your idea of automation. I have used CSV types before, but with user intervention, dealing with CPYTOIMPF and using FTP together to get my CSV. May I ask, where does CPYFRMQRYF comes in? How do you automate it? Thank you for sharing your tech-tips. It is greatly appreciated. GOD BLESS! =) Joan

Comment

Thank you for your kind remarks. You would only have to use the CPYFRMQRYF command if you have used the OPNQRYF command. The CPYFRMQRYF command will create a new physical file (even if you have specified an LF in the OPNQRYF command) which can then be processed by the CPYTOIMPF command. I use the Job Schedule Entry functions to automate programs. This is free with OS/400 and requires no additional third party products. To get started with Job Schedule Entries, use the WRKJOBSCDE command. Dave

Comment

Working...
        X