Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TechTip: Excel on the Fly

** This thread discusses the article: TechTip: Excel on the Fly **
    Try these: See with WRKRDBDIRE that you have the *LOCAL entry. Try to change "localhost" in the connection string with your system real name or ip address. Grant auth. Now I'm at home; next monday if you haven't done, I will make further investigations. Giuseppe.

Comment

TechTip: Excel on the Fly

** This thread discusses the article: TechTip: Excel on the Fly **
      Thanks for your help. We did have a *local entry, so that wasn't the answer. I started over with a fresh copy of the source and made only the changes to user and password and directory and it worked this time. Must have been something I messed up in the user and password line the first time. Some other observations... The java version kept significant blanks in front of the fields. It required me to pass it the library.filename syntax. The first run of the Java version was much faster (about 30%) than the first run of the RPG version. Even after running the same command (with the same file) several times, RUNJVA still beat the command interface. Hey, Giuseppe, how about making the Java version functionally equivalent (especially passing the output file name and colhdg choices)?

Comment

Working...
      X