TechTip: Excel Flies Higher with JExcelApi

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TechTip: Excel Flies Higher with JExcelApi

After migration in a new As400 V5R3 SQL2POI and SQL2JXL don't work Every request end in error. This is log: SQL2JXL SQLSTMT('select * from mylib/clienti') TOXLS('/mydir/clienti.xls') Programma Java completato con codice di uscita 1 Errore di funzione. JVA0122 non monitorato da SQL2JXLC all'istruzione ad alto livello 0000000092, istruzione '0000'. Error running SQL2JXL. As i can do. Thank you Mauro Romeo romeo@photorec.it

run the cmd with JDEBUG(*YES) to have more details on the error.

Comment

The mask should be "#,##0.00". Excel formats numbers according to the windows settings.

Comment

I had the same problem but with the help of our friends at IBM they pointed out that you will get this error if your Jobs CCSID is 65535. I changed my job to 37 (CHGJOB CCSID(37)) and it worked fine. Depending on your country and language you may need to use a different CCSID. Regards David

Comment

We are using SQL2JXL/SQL2POI on our V5R2 for more than a year and are very happy with the tool. Recently we have installed SQL2JXL/SQL2POI on our V5R1 machine, but are getting the error "Function check. JVA0122 unmonitored by SQL2JXLC at statement 0000009200".(The output of the Jave Shell Display is put below) It looks to me that Java is missing something, but I don't know what. The following Licensed programs are installed: 5722JC1 *BASE Toolbox for Java 5722JV1 *BASE Developer Kit for Java 5722JV1 3 Java Developer Kit 1.2 5722JV1 4 Java Developer Kit 1.1.8 5722JV1 5 Java Developer Kit 1.3 Any ideas ?
          Code

Comment

I've seen a couple of messages about "authority problems" but I've yet to see any solutions. The error I see is: MCH1001 - Attempt to use permanent system object CDRCVRT without authority. CDRCVRT is an IBM supplied *PGM object in QSYS2. It has *PUBLIC set to *EXCLUDE. I'm assuming that this is teh program for the Convert a Graphic Character String (CDRCVRT, QTQCVRT) API. Thanks

Comment

Re:TechTip: Excel Flies Higher with JExcelApi

Hi thanks for these great utilities. Im using SQL2JXL and am having a couple of problems. I'm sure i'm just doing something wrong. 1) When i use a template XLS, it resizes my column widths. Is there a way to stop this? and 2) Again when using a template. It inserts a couple of blank lines between the template and the sql data retrieved. Can this be stopped? Thanks for your help!

Comment

** This thread discusses the article: TechTip: Excel Flies Higher with JExcelApi **
                ** This thread discusses the Content article: TechTip: Excel Flies Higher with JExcelApi **

Comment

** This thread discusses the article: TechTip: Excel Flies Higher with JExcelApi **
                  I'm trying to let users run this in a batch job via a CL program...In the job log it denies them due to authority. What type of special authority do they need in order to run this? Shane

Comment

. . to run what ? Where do you get the error ?

Comment

To run the SQL2JXL command... I'm pasting the code from the CL below. When a user other than myself tries to run it, it comes up with the following error: CPF9898 Escape 40 09/24/04 11:00:14.100576 SQL2JXLR QGPL *STMT SQL2JXLC QGPL *STMT From module . . . . . . . . : SQL2JXLR From procedure . . . . . . : SNDPGMMSG Statement . . . . . . . . . : 435 To module . . . . . . . . . : SQL2JXLC To procedure . . . . . . . : SQL2JXLC Statement . . . . . . . . . : 4500 Message . . . . : Error CrtSQLstmt : open() failed. 3401 : Permission denied.. Cause . . . . . : This message is used by application programs as a general escape message. Shane
                      Code

Comment

Maybe you should give the authorithy to the ifs folder /excel. You can do it with wrklnk or with OpNav.

Comment

I already gave authority to *PUBLIC to use this...and I'm still getting the error message...I'm posting the authority below... Shane
                          Code

Comment

We IPLd our iSeries and it works now...that was weird... Shane

Comment

There is a new PTF available to solve the problem of returning correct COLHDG with native driver. These are the instructions from Michael Swenson of IBM: ====================== The test PTF, SI16233, is available for this problem. Prior to ordering the PTF there are a couple of things to consider: - TEST PTFs should not be permanently applied in the event there is a problem discovered with the PTF. - Prior to ordering this PTF, you should order and install the latest available superseded PTF(s): SI14670 Installing the superseded PTF(s) is required to ensure the PTF can be properly removed (if needed) and to prevent the PTF from being permanently applied by the system due to requisite PTF processing. - Make sure the to review the cover letters for all PTFs delivered (see the DSPPTF or DSPPTFCVR command) ===========

Comment

Working...
                              X