TechTip: Use Prepared Statements with ADO to Access iSeries Data

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TechTip: Use Prepared Statements with ADO to Access iSeries Data

** This thread discusses the article: TechTip: Use Prepared Statements with ADO to Access iSeries Data **
    ** This thread discusses the Content article: TechTip: Use Prepared Statements with ADO to Access iSeries Data **

** This thread discusses the article: TechTip: Use Prepared Statements with ADO to Access iSeries Data **
    How do you perform Step 2 in this article? I do not have Client Access on my PC. We have Rumba.

Comment

Can you expand on the concept and show code for a Stored Procedure? I think that it would be more elegant if you could pass a parameter list into a stored procedure and handle the code (Select ... from .... where....) within the SP. What would be VBA have to do in order to execute that kind of situation? dg

Comment

Marigold, I am pretty sure that the ODBC drivers and OLEDB drivers that come with Client(iSeries) Access are free. Simply find the CD that came with your iSeries that contains the iSeries Access products and install all the free portions on your PC. You should then have an ODBC Administration tool that you can launch from your PC. Rumba may have a similar option, but I am not very familiar with it. Take care, and have fun, Kevin

Comment

DG, You certainly can call a stored procedure and pass it parameters. It probably deserves its own tech tip. If I haven't already sent in a tech tip that illustrates that point, I will soon! Thanks for the suggestion. Take care, Kevin

Comment

ODBC Administrator ships with Windows and Microsoft's MDAC. Client (iSeries) Access just includes a shortcut to it. With Rumba you likely can configure the ODBC Data Source by opening ODBC Administrator, clicking the Add button, and then selecting the Rumba ODBC driver. There are links to ODBC Administrator from the Control Panel (or you can search for odbcad32.exe on your PC).

Comment

Working...
            X