Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Must You Buy a New Computer to Begin Using Windows 7?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Must You Buy a New Computer to Begin Using Windows 7?

** This thread discusses the article: Must You Buy a New Computer to Begin Using Windows 7? **
    ** This thread discusses the Content article: [url=http://www.mcpressonline.com/operating-systems/microsoft/must-you-buy-a-new-computer-to-begin-using-windows-7.html]Must You Buy a New Computer to Begin Using Windows 7ËÝ›H
    Š

Today is a holiday in D.C., so, tax day is Monday, 5/18 instead. That doesn't make it any less dreadful. The deadline may still be today in one's state.

** This thread discusses the article: Must You Buy a New Computer to Begin Using Windows 7? **
    First thought:
    "Why on Earth would anyone take a perfectly good XP machine and load Win7?"

Comment

Probably because it's head and shoulders above XP. Plus end of support for XP is approaching.

Comment

Originally posted by spitcher View Post
        Probably because it's head and shoulders above XP.
        At first I thought you were joking, then I realized you were probably being serious.

I agree with you about support. Most people probably don't have support from MS, but most ISV's will only provide support when running on OS's that are still under manufacturer support.

Comment

Well, support for most people means that you'll still receive Windows updates from Microsoft on XP. No support for XP means no more patches.

Comment

Working...
          X