Running RFROMPCB from within EXCEL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Running RFROMPCB from within EXCEL

David, Check out the "Shell" operation. Bill > In order to consolidate the automation into a single step, I would like to use the macro to perform the transfer. I'd greatly appreciate any assistance in this matter.

I was unable to find any references within Excel to "Shell". Perhaps I am looking in the wrong place. I would appreciate a bit more detail. TIA, Dave

Comment

From the VBA help within Excel.
      Shell Function Example This example uses the Shell function to run an application specified by the user. On the MacIntosh, the default drive name is “HD” and portions of the pathname are separated by colons instead of backslashes. Similarly, you would specify Macintosh folders instead of Windows. ' Specifying 1 as the second argument opens the application in ' normal size and gives it the focus. Dim RetVal RetVal = Shell("C:WINDOWSCALC.EXE", 1) ' Run Calculator.
      Make a macro and assign it as a button on the toolbar. That should do it. Brian

Comment

I have created an EXCEL macro that saves a portion of a spreadsheet into a new workbook. I would like to upload that file to the AS/400 using a pre-set transfer. As of now, the user would have to bring up the .TTO file as a separate step. In order to consolidate the automation into a single step, I would like to use the macro to perform the transfer. I'd greatly appreciate any assistance in this matter. Dave

Comment

Thanks Brian, VBA Help was not installed at this installation, and trying to get the licensed CD for the install is like pulling teeth. Dave

Comment

Working...
          X