X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dchristie
    replied
    Excel - SQL0904 Resource limit exceeded

I'm using Excel 2000 and doing a Data/Get External Data/New Database query and getting the above error. The adding transfer request (Client Access) work fine but I want to use the SQL method. Does anyone know where I can find this message on the AS400, in a joglog, so that I can see the return code which will then give me the reason it failed? The PC only gives the first level text with no rerun code, and of course the PC does not think this is so bad because my options are OK (it's not OK!) and Help (which tells me it's a server error). I have six other machines where this works but stuck on this one box. Thanking everyone in advance. David

Leave a comment:

• dchristie
    replied

Got this solved using IBM support. Endsbs QSERVER *IMMED DLTSQLPKG QZDAPKG STRSBS QSERVER STRHOSTSVR This solved the problem for me on V4R5, anyone else use at own risk. Thanks

Leave a comment:

• dchristie
    replied

No luck with the Commit *NONE. I tried each of the options but none worked. I'm getting errors on CHGJOB prior to this one, the problem is that it cannot find an outq. Probably not related, but will clean that up. Thanks

Leave a comment:

• Guest.Visitor
    Guest replied

David,
    Try changing the Server tab on your ODBC data source to Commit *None.
    Bill
    -- If this is error type 7, issue a COMMIT or ROLLBACK without the HOLD clause before issuing any more PREPARE statements. I'm running the SQL from Excel so I'm not sure where I'm suppose to do a COMMIT, ROLLBACK etc.

Leave a comment:

• dchristie
    replied

I've found the error message on the 400 related to this message (see 1st post) however it does not help me much. Has anyone has a similar problem? Message ID SQL0904 Message . . . . : Resource limit exceeded. Cause . . . . . : Resource limit type 7 exceeded. ... -- Type 7 indicates that the maximum size of the prepared statement area has been reached. -- If this is error type 7, issue a COMMIT or ROLLBACK without the HOLD clause before issuing any more PREPARE statements. I'm running the SQL from Excel so I'm not sure where I'm suppose to do a COMMIT, ROLLBACK etc. Thanks

Leave a comment:

• dchristie
    replied

That did it. The job is QZDASOINIT. Thanks

Leave a comment:

• S.Mildenberger
    Guest started a topic Excel - SQL0904 Resource limit exceeded

The job on the 400 should have a lock on your user profile so wrkobjlck scottm *usrprf should allow you to find it. Scott Mildenberger
Working...
X