Fax software

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fax software

As you may know, I'm now working exclusively out of my home office. The one thing I miss about having a day job is that they had a corporate fax machine (actually, about four). I no longer have that, and I was looking into options. Has anybody found a good package for Windows that will allow faxes and voice contact on the same phone line? What I'd really like is the following: 1. If a fax machine calls, the modem connects and downloads the fax 2. Otherwise, the caller gets an option to either leave a voicemail or ring through 3. Ring through actually rings the handset for me to pick up. If I don't, it goes to voicemail. This would also have the capability of outbound faxing. Anybody use anything like this, or am I dreaming? Joe

Fax software

Have you looked at www.efax.com? They have a pretty good system where they can give you a personal fax number and then have all the faxes sent to your e-mail address. It's pretty slick. You can also send an e-mail to them and they will fax it for you... all for a fee of course. "Joe Pluta" wrote in message news8F092D17109C6A1356096BCF2B1AC31@in.WebX.WawyahGHaj S... > As you may know, I'm now working exclusively out of my home office. The one > thing I miss about having a day job is that they had a corporate fax machine > (actually, about four). I no longer have that, and I was looking into > options. > > Has anybody found a good package for Windows that will allow faxes and voice > contact on the same phone line? What I'd really like is the following: > > 1. If a fax machine calls, the modem connects and downloads the fax > 2. Otherwise, the caller gets an option to either leave a voicemail or ring > through > 3. Ring through actually rings the handset for me to pick up. If I don't, > it goes to voicemail. > > This would also have the capability of outbound faxing. > > Anybody use anything like this, or am I dreaming? > > Joe >

Comment

Fax software

Just a follow up to this: I've been using eFax since April and have nothing but nice things to say about it. Faxes come in quite easily: I get an email with aan attachment, I click on the attachment and up comes my fax. I can print right from there. And the price is right - for inbound faxes only, it's absolutely free. Joe

Comment

Working...
      X