TIF images

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TIF images

I need to test thoroughly, but it would appear that the ADDPART method of the ITEM object is the solution!

TIF images

Check out Leadtools: http://www.leadtools.com Regards, Richard Schoen RJS Software Systems Inc. "The AS/400 Report and Data Delivery Experts" Email: richard@rjssoft.com Web Site: http://www.rjssoft.com

Comment

TIF images

Tell me more. I'd like to know how this is done. Trevor

Comment

TIF images

Trevor, This is a VI solution. In VI (we are on 4.3), you have a control file (EKD0310), a parts file (EKD0317) and an index file (EKD0312). When you create an item, a record is created in EKD0310. You then 'ADDPARTS'. A record is added to EKD0312 for the first part, subsequent parts do not have their own EKD0312 record. When you view the items through VI, they appear to the user as one multipage document. I figured this out by following the examples (a LOT of trial and error - plus a long, drawn out PMR with IBM!) in VisualInfo for AS/400 4.3: Application Programming Guide and Reference. If you use VI and want more info, I'll help however I can. Joe

Comment

TIF images

I am writing a VB program to import tif images into Content Manager (VI). If I have two tif files and I want to create one image, does anyone know of an api that would allow this? Alternatively, does anyone know of a pc program that I could access from VB that would take multiple tif files and "glue" them together into one file? Thanks, Joe

Comment

TIF images

Well blow me away... I haven't seen that product since I worked at IBM's Image Support Center and it was known as EFC - Electronic File Cabinet. This client doesn't have that image product, so I'm out of luck. Trevor

Comment

Working...
            X