God, I hate Bill Gates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• God, I hate Bill Gates

Bob, Simple, enclose the file name in quote marks when you create it. I'm not sure I understand your "subject", though. What does hating Bill Gates got to do with not learning the product being used? chuck Opinions expressed are not necessarily those of my employer. "Bob Hamilton" wrote in message news:4cf7dec9.-1@WebX.WawyahGHajS... | I need to circumvent some windoze crap; How do I stop W2K from tacking on | .cmd to every file name. If I save a file as anything but Bill Gates extensions, it will tack on .cmd. | | pls help | | bobh

God, I hate Bill Gates

I need to circumvent some windoze crap; How do I stop W2K from tacking on .cmd to every file name. If I save a file as anything but Bill Gates extensions, it will tack on .cmd. pls help bobh

Comment

God, I hate Bill Gates

I'm saving it from an editor; and I don't see any way to use quotes. this problem started when a customer switched to W2K; there was no problem with W98. bobh

Comment

God, I hate Bill Gates

I'm not sure I understand. If you can type in a name when you save it (or use save as..) the you should be able to put quotes around the file name. If you're doing this in an automated macro then you can "double up" on the quotes ("") just like you would with the apostrophes in opnqryf. chuck Opinions expressed are not necessarily those of my employer. "Bob Hamilton" wrote in message news:4cf7dec9.1@WebX.WawyahGHajS... | I'm saving it from an editor; and I don't see any way to use quotes. | this problem started when a customer switched to W2K; there was no | problem with W98. | | bobh

Comment

Working...
        X