TechTip: Calling the List Object APIs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TechTip: Calling the List Object APIs

** This thread discusses the article: TechTip: Calling the List Object APIs **
    ** This thread discusses the Content article: TechTip: Calling the List Object APIs0

I'm having that problem at the moment where the DSPRCDFMT command no longer works. We have just upgraded the OS from v5.1 to v5.2 last week and having read your artiicle you mentioned that the quote "..At V1R3, the Entry_Size for this API was in fact 288 bytes, but IBM has since increased it considerably. It is now over 400 bytes (!),.." unquote. The error msg received after having used the DSPRCDFMT command is as follows: Object UT5020US type *USRSPC already exists in library QTEMP. 4 records added to member UT5020W1 in file UT5020W1 in QTEMP. 1 records added to member UT5020W2 in file UT5020W2 in QTEMP. Value 155905152 for starting position parameter is not valid. Length of data is not valid. Information not retrieved from user space 20US. Function check. CPF3C06 unmonitored by UT5020R1 at statement 7400, instruction X'0063'. The call to program QUSRTVUS ended in error (C G S D F). I have never used API's b4 but have played around with data structures and data areas. OK, the big question. How do I solve this problem? Anticipating your learned reply.

Comment

Hi, I trust that you have solved the problem by now. If not you can contact me and I'll be glad to help you with it. The problem is the changes made in the User Space format, specifically the detail segment is much larger. Rich Hart (richhart@cox.net)

Comment

Working...
      X