Address Validation Software ??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Address Validation Software ??

My site has successfully used the software from http://www.WorksRight.com for address verification. Such software is also available from GROUP1 software. See http://www.G1.com STAMFORD, Conn. and Lanham, MD April 13, 2004 — Pitney Bowes Inc. (NYSE:PBI) today signed a definitive agreement to acquire all of the outstanding shares of Group 1 Software, Inc. (Nasdaq:GSOF) for $23 per share, which net of cash on Group 1's balance sheet, will cost the company approximately $321 million. Group 1 Software is an industry leader in software that enhances mailing efficiency, data quality and customer communications. Group 1 will become a wholly-owned subsidiary of Pitney Bowes within its Global Enterprise Solutions segment, continuing to operate under its current management. Subject to approval by Group 1's stockholders and completion of other conditions, the transaction is expected to close in the third calendar quarter of 2004. Upon completion, Pitney Bowes expects the acquisition to be neutral to accretive to earnings, excluding integration costs, and cash earnings positive in its first twelve months.

I use a PC based product (ACCUMAIL 6.0) for a client. It will probably do what you want. http://www.smartsoftusa.com I convert the ISERIES data to a CSV file, bring it to the PC, run the address cleanse and upload it back. (pretty much all automated) My application fixes the address, city and zip and adds the county. I'm sure it can do a lot more as well. BILL

Comment

The January 1995 issue of NEWS/400 contained a case study from the J. Peterman Company, a mail order house. They used CODE-1 from Group 1 in order to clean up their mailing database. It's a native iSeries solution. I can't say personally how good the product is, but Ronald Elliot was the case study author and manager of IS at J. Peterman. He seemed to think it was a good solution.

Comment

I need some software that will validate an address; not only city,state,zip agreement but street address as well. Like my UPS shipping software does. I can currently check city/state/zip agreement with some tax software that I have but I won't be able to check that "100 Van Street" is incorrect/ambiguous because it needs to have East/West designation; it should be either "100 East Van Street" or "100 West Van Street" (or some such abbreviated version like "100 W Van St", "100 W Van Street", you get the idea). Anybody know of anything like that that exists out there & where to contact for more info ?? TIA, Martin Carpenter

Comment

Code-1 Plus from Group-1 software is really a good tool for correcting addresses. The tool also helps in getting additional postage discounts.

Comment

Working...
          X