Porting C code to the AS/400

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Porting C code to the AS/400

I am trying to port a C App from windows to AS400 as well. I used FTP to get the Code and App specific header files. But when it comes to compiling the code I have road blocks as functions defined in a C program is used in another C program and its all dependent on each other and their is no entry point. The original App uses a MAKE file which tells the compiler the order of compilation. Can you please tell me of an equivalent of a make file on AS400 and how to go about creating it, or any other way to get the code compiled the way it is now.

Porting C to AS400 you will need to port source not object. Things to look out for are includes attempting to bind to System APIs that don't exist on the AS400, like WIN32 APIs when porting from Windows, data types that don't exist in AS400 C. There is not equivalent of the MAKE command in OS400. But there is a shareware tool in QUSRTOOL that does that function with the same name.

Comment

You may want to read about porting to the iSeries at the following page: http://www-03.ibm.com/servers/enable...rting/iseries/

Comment

We are dealing with a vendor who has written a tool in C. We do not have C programmers on staff. Can we load the C object to the AS/400 and run it? Would it need to be recompiled on the AS/400? Is there anything we should be aware of in just porting the C code to the AS/400, versions, compatibility etc? How would the C code be stored and accessed? Thanks in advance.

Comment

You can use GNU make on OS400 from the qshell. To get it download from: http://www-03.ibm.com/servers/enable...utilities.html

Comment

Working...
          X