Packing C application

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Packing C application

See if this is what you need: Create the library on your developement machine. Create a save file to save the library in. Send the save file via SNADS, FTP, tape, etc (you'll have to create an empty save file on the install machine before FTP or SNDNETF. I think there is a way around this for FTP, but I don't know what it is.) Restore the library on the install machine from the save file. Then just delete the save file. Here's the commands you might use: CRTSAVF savflib/savffile SAVLIB LIB(library) DEV(*SAVF) SAVF(savflib/savffile) send file RSTLIB SAVLIB(library) DEV(*SAVF) SAVF(savflib/savffile) DLTF savflib/savffil To uninstall, just DLTLIB LIB(library) You should test this early to make sure you don't have authority limitations or lock problems. If you are doing this interactively, use QTEMP for the save file and you won't have to clean up after yourself. -dan

Packing C application

Group: The machine I am using in an AS/400 running V5R2 and 5722-WDS. I compiled ( using crtbndc ) an application under a new library I created for my application. Now I am trying to figure out the best way to package and deploy this application for an end user. I am assuming the package has to do the following: Upon Installation: Create my new libary unpack the executeable programs into this library. Upon uninstallation: remove the executeable programs Remove my libary. I am coming from a UNIX background so maybe Im looking at this from the wrong perspective. But the concepts of product packaging and installation Id think should carry from one to the other, but I have to idea where to start on this machine? Any help would be most appreciated, thanks! Walt Fles

Comment

Working...
    X