Source control and management

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Source control and management

Written in house might be a value prop. if you leave out the compilation and just keep track of the source, since you are not concerned with the product staging Logicals and such anyway. A few extra libraries and a big stick, basically.

Can anybody recommend a "good value" AS/400 source code management product? I don't need a lot of bells and whistles, only check-out, check-in and compilation. I don't need a program that ripples through and compiles all logicals, all programs in a major change, just check-out, check-in and compiles. By "good value" I mean something affordable. An expense item would be best! TIA, chuck Opinions expressed are not necessarily those of my employer.

Comment

Chuck Did you ever find your source control program. TAATOOLS had one several releases (ok - a lot of releases) ago. It handled check in/out but could probably be adapted to handle compiles also.

Comment

Rapier, I'll be looking at the SCP options at the fall COMMON conference expo. chuck Opinions expressed are not necessarily those of my employer. "Rapier" wrote in message news:6ae9a20c.1@WebX.WawyahGHajS... > Chuck > > Did you ever find your source control program. TAATOOLS had one several releases (ok - a lot of releases) ago. It handled check in/out but could probably be adapted to handle compiles also.

Comment

Working...
        X