Active Jobs in a Subsystem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Active Jobs in a Subsystem

I do this by performing a WRKACTJOB SBS(subsystem) to spoolfile. I then copy the spoolfile to a physical file. A simple loop will then record number of active jobs within it. Carl

You can use the QWDRSBSD API. I provided an example below which I quickly put together (which means please test prior to use). However please note the API documentation: "This number includes held jobs but excludes jobs that are disconnected or suspended because of a transfer secondary job or a transfer group job"
    Code

Comment

David, Tried your code. Inserted a SNDPGMMSG to display number of jobs. Not getting a number. Any assistance is appreciated. Thanks Larry Swain 478-926-8636

Comment

How can I rtv the number of active jobs within a subsystem to a variable within a CL pgm?

Comment

What does your SNDPGMMSG look like? I made it work by adding a character variable, then converting the number to character. See code below. I initially got zeros until I remembered that we defined our own QINTER subsystem in QGPL. The 'QINTER *LIBL ' parm was finding the one in QSYS, which wasn't active. I changed the parm to 'QINTER QGPL ' and it appears to work fine. Lots faster than WRKACTJOB, too.
          Code

Comment

Working...
          X