Removing file members in multi-member file

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Removing file members in multi-member file

We have the latest version of TAATOOL and we still have the RMVOLDMBR command. Are you sure you are not getting an error because the member is locked?

The error that I am getting is RMVOLDMBR command is not in the TAATOOL library. I tried to locate this command on our system using the WRKCMD command, but could not locate the RMVOLDMBR command. Do you know of a way to do the same thing with code? Thanks.

Comment

Vecam said: "The error that I am getting is RMVOLDMBR command is not in the TAATOOL library. I tried to locate this command on our system using the WRKCMD command, but could not locate the RMVOLDMBR command." Did you purchase the tools? They are no longer free (haven't been for over 5 years.) but you can buy them here: http://www.taatool.com/index.htm They are the best buy in town and will pay for themselves in short order. chuck Opinions expressed are not necessarily those of my employer.

Comment

vecam wrote: > In an old version of TAATOOL, there was a command RVMOLDMBR that > could be used to remove a group of file members based on certain > criteria (See code). > > How can I get this command to use or what code do I use to do the > same thing in a CL or RPGLE program? You could do a DspFD to an outfile specifying the *MbrList option. This will generate a file containing information on each member. You would then calculate the age of each member and process accordingly. Bill

Comment

Thanks for the info and web site for TAATOOL! vecam

Comment

In an old version of TAATOOL, there was a command RVMOLDMBR that could be used to remove a group of file members based on certain criteria (See code). How can I get this command to use or what code do I use to do the same thing in a CL or RPGLE program? Thanks for any help.
            Code

Comment

Thanks for the programming tip on how to remove multiple file members! vecam

Comment

vecam wrote: > Thanks for the programming tip on how to remove multiple file members! If this is something you don't do often but need to automate because doing it manually is just too much work, there is another way: WrkMbrPDM. PDM has an option to display the member date and to sort by date. You could sort them descending, then place a 4 (delete) on the newest member to delete, then do an F13 to repeat to the last member. Another option in PDM would be to do F17 and enter the appropriate from and to dates, then repeat the 4 and F13 actions as above. Bill

Comment

Working...
                X