Problem with *TCAT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem with *TCAT

Your program looks ok to me. I would check if the &path variable is being passed correctly.

Problem with *TCAT

The message we are getting says there are embedded nulls in the field. A dump shows that the field has values of x'00' (null) instead of x'40' (blank).

Comment

Problem with *TCAT

Just a hunch. Is this the first program you have created on V5R2? I have seen other situations where things written as far back as V4R1 work but a seemingly identical "new" process will not work. Have you attempted to run a debug?

Comment

Problem with *TCAT

ATSInc wrote: > > The message we are getting says there are embedded nulls in the field. A dump shows that the field has values of x'00' (null) instead of x'40' (blank). If you are calling the program from the command line, you will almost always get garbage in your field. If you aren't calling from the command line, ignore the rest of this message. Try calling your program with a CMD interface. Then instead of ===> CALL MYPGM 'mypath' do ===> MYCMD 'mypath' or ===> MYCMD path('mypath') Here's information on how to code a CMD interface. http://faq.midrange.com/data/cache/576.html Here's information on why calling from the command line can cause problems for parameters longer than 32. http://faq.midrange.com/data/cache/576.html

Comment

Problem with *TCAT

Problem came up today with *TCAT. It doesn't seem to be working properly. My understanding is that if I *TCAT a variable (type(char) len(200)) and a constant ('/') into another variable (type(char) len(230)), the resulting variable should hold strip out and blanks at the end of the first variable and append the constant after the last character of the variable. Another variable is then *cat added, but that works ok. (see code below) When the programmer tries this, the resulting variable has the value and then blanks all the way up to the 201 character (which is the '/'). Any thoughts or anyone else having this problem? We do have other pgms using *TCAT and they seem to be working fine. We are on V5R2. TIA, Tom
          Code

Comment

Problem with *TCAT

That explains your results.[*]TCAT will only strip out X'40'. Dave

Comment

Working...
            X