DSPSPLF & WRKSPLFA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DSPSPLF & WRKSPLFA

Dear all, Background: My program's display screen and logic is amost the same as the WRKOUTQ command. It has the same set of funtion keys and options as WRKOUTQ. For example, if option '2' is chosen, it means CHGSPLFA will be called. Similarly, if '5' is entered, DSPSPLF will be called and so on. The only difference is on option '6', whereas for WRKOUTQ, the spooled file will be sent to the printer. However for my program, whenever the users enter '6', the file will be transformed to PDF format. I have written a RPG pgm to display the existing spooled files for a particular outque. If users enter any option, a CL pgm will be called: IF (&OPT = '5') THEN (D0) DSPSPLF(.........) ENDDO IF (&OPT = '6') THEN (D0) WRKSPLFA(........) ENDDO If opt '5' is chosen, the contents of the spooled file will be shown. My problem is: On the screen of displaying contents, it has F3 or F12 to control exit or cancel. If F3 or F12 is pressed, how do I detect? Remember that DSPSPLF has 2 screens in total. The first one is to prompt users for the file name and the second screen is to show the contents of the file. I read from the CL programming manual and it said I can use something like the following: CALL QCMDEXC('?DSPSPLF FILE().......' 100) to prompt the command and let the user enter the field values....... If the user press F3 or F12 on the first screen, we can detect it by MONMSG (CPFXXXX), however if we press F3 or F12 on the second screen, I can't detect it by MONMSG with the same CPFXXXX message ID Anyone has any idea? Thanks very much!! Frances

DSPSPLF & WRKSPLFA

We generate report thru IBM AS400 nitely , all report are store at the outputq , from there we commanded the report to respective output e.g. fcoutq, gmoutq, sales outq , hkspoutq All above folder reside at the AS400, each folder may contain report. We do not want to print at the designate printer 1 or printer 2, 3 because it take to much time during the nite printing, As we are running a hotel business .Therefore I ask help or give advise. How can I transfer All the folder to Showcase Vista so that next morning other department can print at their own times without interrupting the operations.

Comment

DSPSPLF & WRKSPLFA

Lesterseah wrote: > We do not want to print at the designate printer 1 or printer 2, 3 > because it take to much time during the nite printing, As we are > running a hotel business .Therefore I ask help or give advise. > How can I transfer All the folder to Showcase Vista so that next > morning other department can print at their own times without > interrupting the operations. I don't know how Showcase works, so I'll just try to give some generic advice. Are all of the spool entries generated under the same User Profile? If so, you could use this profile to start iSeries Navigator which has the ability to list all of the spool files residing on the system for that user profile. You can select the spool files you want to move and drag them to the printer device that Showcase runs under. The harder way would be to write a set of programs to query the necessary outq's using the Spool File API's and have them move the spool files to the necessary outq. Bill

Comment

Working...
      X