X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• STRPCCMD limitations

Have you tried using RUNRMTCMD instead? Dave

STRPCCMD limitations

Show us the exact command you are trying to run. 123 characters is the max. No way around it. RUNRMTCMD is another option, as David suggested, but you have to pass down a user ID and password, which brings up other issues. Chris

Comment

STRPCCMD limitations

René Smette wrote: > I want to open an URL Address directly from a RPG (or CL) Application. > The problem is that the address is very very very long. > I was busy to prepare my application and will test it with a simple > hardcoded CL, but I received the following message during > compilation. > > "CPD0074 30 Value 'start Iexp' for PCCMD exceeds 123 characters." > > Is there a way to bypass this 123 characters limitation ? (I am in > V5R2) Is this a static address, or do you dynamically change it every time? If it's static, I'd suggest feeding it to either TinyURL.com or MakeAShorterLink.com . They will return a much smaller URL for you to use. Bill

Comment

STRPCCMD limitations

I want to open an URL Address directly from a RPG (or CL) Application. The problem is that the address is very very very long. I was busy to prepare my application and will test it with a simple hardcoded CL, but I received the following message during compilation. "CPD0074 30 Value 'start Iexp' for PCCMD exceeds 123 characters." Is there a way to bypass this 123 characters limitation ? (I am in V5R2) thanks in advance, René

Comment

STRPCCMD limitations

HEre is the code that I will use, but, as Bill Robins was asking, this is not a static address. There is a relation between my article file (on iSeries) and documents existing on my mother company's site (in this case, the link is 005107 which is the article number) STRPCCMD PCCMD('start Iexplore.exe + http://klick.klueber.de/pui/SDB/EU/eusds/fr+ anzösisch/000-010/+ SD005107_-_DUOTEMPI_PMY_45_(SMÖRY_OCH_M_)_(F).PDF/') + PAUSE(*NO) It will be probably much easier to change the URL address by reducing the number of used characters ... but mother companies are mother companies and they don't easily accept to change anything ... René

Comment

STRPCCMD limitations

René Smette wrote: > There is a relation between my article file (on iSeries) and > documents existing on my mother company's site (in this case, the > link is 005107 which is the article number) > > STRPCCMD PCCMD('start Iexplore.exe + > <http://klick.klueber.de/pui/SDB/EU/eusds/fr+> > anzösisch/000-010/+ > SD005107_-_DUOTEMPI_PMY_45_(SMÖRY_OCH_M_)_(F).PDF/') + > PAUSE(*NO) If the base folder structure stays the same and only the document name changes, why not feed the document name to a batch file as a parameter, then parse the parameter inside the batch file to create your command string? Bill

Comment

Working...
            X