X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How To Check Object Attribute (PF)??

Try looking for "PF-DTA" instead of "*PF". Dave

How To Check Object Attribute (PF)??

Monitor for message ID CPF3020. It works for logical files when *PF is selected for DSPFD command
    Code

Comment

I have a physical file containing names of different files with attributes *FILE, *PRTF,etc.Files with attribute *FILE are PF and LF but that is not mentioned.I have to store only files with attribute PF in another Table(PF). I have written a RPGLE PGM which Reads the contents of the File and Look for *File attribute and store it to a PF. Then I am Calling CL PGM which is taking param as Lib. Name and Obj. Name from the PF. Then i use DSPFD cmd with FILEATR *PF to check for PF. And when DSPFD gives error that the object is not PF then i do not store the Object to another PF, otherwise i would store the object. But the error given by DSPFD Command : FILEATR specified not valid for *LF file CNTLF2 Can not be monitered by MONMSG. Is there any way out to monitor this error. Or alternately can any one suggest some other procedure to do this. Thanks

Comment

This command will return the Object Attribute into a CL Variable. It returns 'PF' for Physicals and 'LF' for Logicals.
        Code

Comment

Working...
        X