runrmtcmd - lost network drives

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• runrmtcmd - lost network drives

Diane, I would like to discuss the use of the runrmtcmd with you offline (i.e. via e-mail) I'm having problems getting the authentication to work. As for your problem, this drive that you map how are you doing it? I've done it in a .bat file but not through VB. Can I see a sample of the code?

We use the runrmtcmd in a cl program that executes MSWORD, from WORD the users run a VBA macro that connects to a shared drive and inserts a document into the new MSWORD document. I have a couple of users that will work for about 4 hours then the VBA macro will no longer work because they have lost connection to the network drive. The solution will be to change the way they connect to the shared drive, the connection was \qprodwordms and once I change it to the IP address all is fine again-- for one day. Now tomorrow comes, and she will work for several hours, and then the VBA macro stops again because of the mapped drive, so I do the reverse, change the connection from the IP address to the UNC name--and she is good to go again for one day. It is a repeating process with an unknown solution. Any suggestions for this puzzling problem would be appreciated. Diane

Comment

I have seen similar behavior when a firewall was involved. It monitored for idle connections. When a connection was inactive for a certain amount of time the firewall blocked it.

Comment

Working...
      X