Automate Spool file clean

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Automate Spool file clean

If you have TAATOOLS installed then you already have the AGEOUTQ command which will do this automatically. chuck Opinions expressed are not necessarily those of my employer. "huanalee" wrote in message news:6aecb75f.-1@WebX.WawyahGHajS... > Hi, > > I got a project to automate the process of spool file clean up. Our operators are tired of clean up the spool files manually. I have never done this before. Do you anyone know how to do it or where to get the information? Thanks!!

Thanks, Chuck.

Comment

> I got a project to automate the process of > spool file clean up. If your project requires you to write programs instead of buy them, you need to start looking in the Spooled File API manuals in the IBM Infocenter. The ones you require depend on what your operators are doing now to decide what spooled files to clean up. Infocenter: http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/pubs/h...nfocenter.html Programming APIs APIs by category Print APIs V5R2 English: http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/iserie...pis/print1.htm This also has a link to the QUSRTOOL tools, which ship with the system. Once again, depending on your requirements, you might need to use other APIs as well, perhaps the work management APIs to find spooled files by job. There is also the CLEANUP menu, GO CLEANUP. Read about the system value QRCLSPLSTG and the Operational Assistant APIs. --buck

Comment

Chuck, Do you know which company sell this tool? Do you have price for this? My manager authorized me to get a quote. Thanks in advance!!

Comment

TAATOOLS by Jim Sloan

Comment

We use Robot/Schedule to do this. The scheduling component does the call, and they have a separate AgeOutQ command that does the specific work. The only limiter, if you can call it that, is that it's all or nothing on a per queue basis. You cannot select specific spool files to age. We have sometimes had requests that made us want to age spool files from a specific account, or perhaps by the spool file name. In each case we simply found or made an output queue and directed the spooled files to be aged to that queue. It works well. On the other hand, this is a simple enough task that I imagine nearly any such utility would work well.

Comment

I have created a utility that will allow clean up of any outq(s) you specify by number of days, date, user id, spool id, everything in the outq(s)and more. The utility has components to submit to the job scheduler, include in other programs, and to call interactive. I will provide pricing and further information if you are interested.

Comment

I think MC press had an article featuring a "clnoutq" utility some time ago??? Also www.as400jounal.com has a utility. I don't know if there is a cost. -rgp

Comment

Selective Clear Output Queue Command

Comment

Hi everyone, Thank you all!! All the posted messages are so helpful. I think we probably have TAATOOLS but I think it doesn't store in the QUSRTOOL library. I'm able to debug program using STRDBG. I also saw FTP command in one of the CL program. I think we have it. But I couldn't find this library in our box. Can I just create a QUSRTOOL library? How can I find the TAATOOLS in our AS/400 box?

Comment

Hi, I got a project to automate the process of spool file clean up. Our operators are tired of clean up the spool files manually. I have never done this before. Do you anyone know how to do it or where to get the information? Thanks!!

Comment

Thank you all!! These messages are really helpful. I still have questions. I sort of feel that we have TAATOOLS somewhere in our box but not in the QUSTROOL library. I was able to use debug and FTP tool. Does OS/400 has a command to find the location of the tools. Victoria enclosed a link to a arctle to help me but I don't how to find the command to create CVTOUTQ? Thanks in advance!!

Comment

> I sort of feel that we have TAATOOLS somewhere > in our box but not in the QUSTROOL library. TAATOOLS is a 3rd party product. http://www.taatool.com/ --buck

Comment

Working...
                          X