Calling a RPG36 program from CL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Calling a RPG36 program from CL

Without starting 36 env, try using: STRS36PRC PRC(COL019) This assumes that the procedure is in #LIBRARY, there is a parameter for library and for parameters. -dan

Dan, I tried that and got the message "Procedure COL019 not found". COL019 is a "program" not a "procedure".

Comment

S/36 programs should be LOADed via OCL rather than CALLed. Create a source file and name it QS36PRC. Create a member less eight characters or less. The syntax for S/36 programs is as follows: // LOAD xxxxx // FILE NAME-yyyyy // RUN Once you have established the S36 procedure, you can then use STRS36PRC to run the procedure from CL. Dave

Comment

Sorry, wasn't thinking. The STRS36PRC PRC parameter does not allow a program name, while the STRS36 PRC parameter does. Try: STRS36 PRC(COL019) CURLIB(??) If that doesn't work, do a WRKOBJ *ALL/COL019. Is it still in #LIBRARY? Or in another library not in your library list? -dan

Comment

I am in the initial stages of converting OCL to CL. I tried to write a CL to call a RPG36 program and it failed. It said that I needed to be in the 36 environment. No problem, I ran STRS36. I continue to get the message. It is "RPG program COL019 must run from a S/36 environment job." Now, I thought that since the program COL019 was compiled and the object resided in the library, that I would be able to "Call" it. I want to get this working first so I know what I will need to do the rest of the conversions. Here is the coding that I had. The original code is at the bottom and edited out. Thank You Harold[*]************************************************** **************** pgm DCL VAR(&DSPNAM) TYPE(*CHAR) LEN(10) DCL VAR(&file) TYPE(*CHAR) LEN(10) DCL VAR(&vwno) TYPE(*CHAR) LEN(4) rtvjoba job(&dspnam) CHGVAR VAR(&FILE) VALUE('w.' || &DSPNAM |< 'VWNO') OVRDBF FILE(WORK) TOFILE(&file) OVRDBF FILE(Wrkordr) TOFILE(*LIBL/W.wkordr) call col019 /* // LOAD COL019 */ /* // FILE NAME-WORK,LABEL-W.?WS?VWNO */ /* // FILE NAME-WRKORDR,LABEL-W.WKORDR,DISP-SHRRM */ /* // RUN */ endpgm

Comment

There already is an OCL to call the program COL019. What I am wanting to do is convert the OCL to CL and not change the RPG36 program yet. Do I have to convert the RPG program first, then convert the OCL?

Comment

Hcolumber2 wrote: > > There already is an OCL to call the program COL019. What I am wanting to do is convert the OCL to CL and not change the RPG36 program yet. > > Do I have to convert the RPG program first, then convert the OCL? Yes, you have to convert the program if you want to use "call". Once I tried to get around this by calling the RPG36 program from a CLP, but that doesn't work - you have to use // LOAD // RUN to call the CLP (or any other language) if the program wants to call a 36 program.

Comment

Working...
              X