CPYSPLF with 2+ entries to copy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CPYSPLF with 2+ entries to copy

If you are copying the spooled files from the same job that creates them, and if you use a V5R2 or newer system, them you should look at using the Retrieve Identity of Last Spooled File Created (QSPRILSP) API. It returns the complete spooled file identity of the last spooled file created for the current job or thread. Once you know the spool file number of the last spooled file the previous one will be one less. Ed Fishel

You could add some logic to the CL pgm (sample below). Then read through the temperary file to copy each of the spooled files that you want to copy.
    Code

Comment

I'm trying to take entries in an OUTQ and copy them to other OUTQ's. Simple to do with only one entry, but when a program generates two entries in the OUTQ, it don't seem like CPYSPLF can handle it. The default spooled file number is *LAST. I took a stab at changing it to *ALL but received CPF3340, "More than one file with specified name found in job" when I did have two spooled files that need to be copied. Opinions??? Thanx!

Comment

Working...
      X