How do I get CEEDAYS API on my As/400

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do I get CEEDAYS API on my As/400

I saw a sample code on the net and replaced CALL command with CALLPRC and the code showed results. I do not know the difference and was puzzled how it worked though there was no CEEDAYS object on the server.

The CEE* routines are not programs, and they were never compiled as programs. Subsequently no program object is created, and you can not see it through conventional means. Simplistically put, the CEE routines are modules which may be called by a program or another module. Dave

Comment

Here's an example of using the CEE API Ceeloct. Retrieve local time stamp. I'm sure the other CEE's can be used in the same manner. Trevor
      Code

Comment

Thanks Trevor, I will try the CRTCLMOD command. Not familiar with MODULEs, BNDDIR etc., Must try them now. Regards

Comment

I'd like to clarify this further. Using CRTCLMOD is not the issue. Using CALLPRC is what is needed in your CL. And you should make the member type be CLLE. Then options 14 of PDM automatically uses the CRTBNDCL command to create the program. By the way, this is actually a combination of CRTCLMOD (using QTEMP) and CRTPGM. One of the resopondents said these are modules. That's one way to describe them - modules were used to create the service programs that contain these procedures. I prefer to say they are procedures in a service program (*SRVPGM is the object type). CALLPRC is "Call procedure", after all. As far as BNDDIRs are concerned (binding directories), there is one that is automatically used when compiling CLLE progams or modules - QCLLE in QSYS. This gets you all hte CEE procedures that you can use, and you do not explicitly need to specify any BNDDIRs or SRVPGMs for this. ILE offers a lot, esp. in the line of connecting modules from different HLLs. However, you can use these APIs without knowing too much about the ILE details. HTH Vern

Comment

I liked the CEEDAYS API after reading it in your forums. I dont think it is available on our AS/400. I used WRKOBJ *ALL/CEE* and found that CEEDAYS or CEEDATE APIs missing on the server. How do I get these APIs? Can they be downloaded? How to use these CEE APIs in CL? Pl help me. Regards

Comment

Thanks for your input. After reading your reply I used WRKBNDDIR QCLLE and found two entries QLECWI *SRVPGM QSYS 02/20/02 09:13:53 QCLSRV *SRVPGM QSYS 02/20/02 09:09:37 These service programs might provide the CEE APIs? Thanks & Regards Vijayendra

Comment

Working...
              X