X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Data Queue Job Owner

Maybe: SBMJOB CMD(call blahblah) USER(userid) -dan

Data Queue Job Owner

Hello, We have a batch process that operates through a data queue job that's always running. Various programs are called, and prints are created. All the prints get overidden to their own queue, so they can be maintained/enquired on by the users. I've already encountered a problem with the job date, which remains as the date the queue job was fired up. Changed the job date when it differed from the system date. The problem now is that whoever fires up the queue, which is necessary 'cos operations keeping killing it to run the back-ups, gets all the messages and ends up being the owner of the spooled files. I was thinking of something like passing the User ID into the data queue along with the driver record, and using that instead of the default. Would QSYSETUID do what I require? That is, to change the job owner? It's a complicated system, and I'd rather have some opinions before I get knee deep in code and then realise it won't work. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Many thanks in advance Matt

Comment

Data Queue Job Owner

Dan, There's only one submit command, and that's the one to fire off the data queue job. It's partly done that way to ensure all the processes run in the same job queue, out of the way of everything else. It just sits there and waits for a queue entry before starting. Thanks for your input though, I was thinking along the same lines for when I can't make this work. Think I'll probably end up changing the program that puts the data queue entry out, to a submit job instead. Matt

Comment

Working...
      X