Adopted Authority and IFS Objects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adopted Authority and IFS Objects

More details at the IBM site: IBM KnowledgeBase IFS Authority Considerations IFS does not support Adopted Authority

Thanks.....I was afraid of that! Back to the drawing board! Joe

Comment

You could do a profile swap in the job. I think that affects subsequent authorities. The code below is from a couple of releases ago; I think now you can also swap group profiles, and there's something called a "profile token" that's new with V5R2.
      Code

Comment

Thanks for the suggestion, I will investigate further. We have job that runs all day and wakes up every 15 minutes to process various files - for now I have added a process to this job to do the moving and copying. Thanks, JOe

Comment

The December 16 newsletter for Club Tech iSeries Programming Tips has an "Override Group Profile" command written by Carsten Flensburg that does something like what I described, and has advantages over swapping the user profile. I think you can view it at the free "Associate"-level membership at www.iSeriesNetwork.com, or I could forward it to you.

Comment

Does adopted authority work different for IFS objects? I have a process where IFS objects are moved and copied. The process is failing because the user does not have authority. I changed the program to use adopted authority, but still no dice. The adopted authority seems to be working because it correctly deletes physical files. See the testcl code below. Any suggestions? Thanks, Joe
            Code

Comment

Thanks, I will look it up. Joe

Comment

Working...
              X