Save entire system unattended question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Save entire system unattended question

If you check your joblog you should see what is causing the issue. I think that either you are not signed ont the console device or you have an IXS(a) that is varied on.

The program won't run in batch mode. It needs to be run interactively from the system console. We have a program to do the same thing when needed (looks a lot like yours) and just logon to the console as qsysopr to run it. I have also set the job so it will start at a certain time and date. Good luck.

Comment

You are submitting the batch job to a queue allocated to the controlling subsystem aren't you? If so, this should work as far as I know. As I understand it, you are allowing 2 hours for your batch job to run in restricted state and during this time you should see SRC "A900 3C70" on front panel. NB: I assume that you know... if this time is insufficient, the job will be ended and the controlling subsystem restarted, so make sure you allow for data growth, etc.

Comment

I keep getting message CPf1052 ENDSBS *ALL not allowed in current environment, when trying to do an end subsystem *all before doing an unattended savsys (basically option 21 save entire system). My job is running in the controlling subsystem QCTL and I have specified 120 minutes on the batch time limit parm. What am I missing? Thanks, Tammy
        Code

Comment

In v5r3, you can do this in batch mode if you specify BCHTIMLMT(*NOMAX) on the endsbs command.

Comment

Working...
          X