Comparing Current date with an 8-numeric digits field with Query

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comparing Current date with an 8-numeric digits field with Query

Try this... then just compare TODAY to WORKDATE.
    Code

Thanks for your reply This helps if we do an equate-comparison. However i liked to set the systemdate in the form CCYYmmdd. Is this possible with query400 ?

Comment

I'm confused. You originally said you wanted to compare dates, now you're saying that you don't want to do an "equate-comparison". What are you really trying to do? And do you want the CCYYMMDD in character or decimal format? You can play around with DIGITS, SUBSTR, MICROSECONDS. Chris

Comment

This is ugly, but it may be what you are looking for ...
        Code

Comment

Thanks for your replies. I'm sorry but my first question is indeed confusing. What i want to do is building a query400. In the selection criteria i want to compare a 8-digit date of a database (ccyymmdd) with the systemdate. The comparison should be EQUAL or GREATER THAN the systemdate. So i'm looking for something like: DataBaseDate GE systemdate Example: DateBaseDate = 20050630 It seems to me that Zaed's reply is what i need. I'll try it next Monday. Thanks... and sorry for confusing you.

Comment

Hello, Can someone help me to compare in Query400 a databasefield of 8 digits (century-Year-Month-Day) with the systemdate (Current Date) ? Which calculations / instructions have i to specify? Any help is greatly appreciated.

Comment

Create fields as follows: SearchDate substr(digdate(MMDDYYYY),5,4) || '-' || substr(digdate(MMDDYYYY),1,2) || '-' || substr(digdate(MMDDYYYY),3,2) CurrentDat char(current(date),ISO) OldestDate char(date(current(date) - 7 days),ISO) NewestDate char(date(current(date) - 1 days),ISO) Under the select records you can now do statements like SearchDate RANGE OldestDate NewestDate SearchDate RANGE '2004-02-01' '2004-02-31' There are more tricks for this as well.

Comment

Working...
              X