Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TechTip: Addressing the Issue

** This thread discusses the article: TechTip: Addressing the Issue **
    ** This thread discusses the Content article: TechTip: Addressing the Issue0

TechTip: Addressing the Issue

You don't need to know the SMTP name to use it. SNDDST is perfectly happy with TOUSRID((johndoe mysys)). You must have a directory entry with: 1) an SMTP name, 2) mail service level is 2 (system message store), and 3) preferred address is 3 (SMTP name). So, you can use DSPDIRE to an output file. The only problem I've run into, is that it's possible for a user profile to have more than one directory entry. Try this on for size:
    Code

Comment

I appreciated the way you explained your thought process at each step. It shows what can be achieved with persistence. Good article! Alan

Comment

The comments here are a great example of the dissemination of ideas, concepts and techniques. I thank everyone for their input. I did receive a request for the code. It was supposed to have been posted. Hopefully Victoria will read this and point everyone in the right direction. Dave

Comment

I have informed Victoria, that the code was not posted. Hopefully it will soon appear. Dave

Comment

My apologies about the missing links to the code. I've made the correction in the article. Victoria Mack, Executive Editor

Comment

Many Thanks, Dave

Comment

Working...
              X