Tips and Techniques: Sending Output via Remote OUTQs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tips and Techniques: Sending Output via Remote OUTQs

** This thread discusses the article: Tips and Techniques: Sending Output via Remote OUTQs **
    ** This thread discusses the Content article: Tips and Techniques: Sending Output via Remote OUTQs **

** This thread discusses the article: Tips and Techniques: Sending Output via Remote OUTQs **
    We use this extensivly, but have one problem we have not been able to solve. There are times when we want to send selected pages from a report to a remote OUTQ, but haven't been able to figure out how to do that. It seems like it's all or nothing.

Comment

CHGSPLFA PAGERANGE(5 14) would print the page range from 5 thru 14. However, you would have to also set the print file to SAVE(*YES) so that you could change the ranges ot print it print again. Or, you could use IBM Infoprint Server and AFP. This will allow you to "electronically" burst and distribute the file to different destinations (printers, email, IFS, PDF). Of course you can always copy the spool file to a database file and process it with your own code as well.

Comment

I try to avoid remote output queues because of some of the "issues" involved in doing so. Whenever possible, I create a device description which avoids these issues (a PJL compatible printer is required). Having said that, IBM has an exit program that is supposed to provide page range support. It is free and doesn't require Infoprint Server or additional licensed programs, etc. I have not tried it, but the price is right! Read all about it here: http://www-1.ibm.com/support/docview...256624004b527e

Comment

The majority of our outqs are *LAN, but we use the exit program USRDTATFM(QGPL/TSPRWPR) that sonnyc1 refers to for most *VRT outqs. For others with custom *WSCSTs, we use DESTOPT('XAUTOQ XAIX') which fixes pagerange and copies. While I didn't notice it specifically, I think TSPRWPR also fixes copies as well. -dan

Comment

We use this exit prigram on all of our remote outq's and it works very well. I can't think of a time we have ever had a problem with it.

Comment

Working...
            X