The CL Corner: Use Your Own Names for Supplied Commands

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The CL Corner: Use Your Own Names for Supplied Commands

** This thread discusses the article: The CL Corner: Use Your Own Names for Supplied Commands **
    ** This thread discusses the Content article: The CL Corner: Use Your Own Names for Supplied Commands **
    This thread discusses the Content article: The CL Corner: Use Your Own Names for Supplied Commands I tried the CRTPRXCMD CMD(PGMT/KILL) TGTCMD(ENDJOB) command to follow along the article. The command failed with error CPF2192 Object KILL cannot be created into library PGMT. Object KILL in auxiliary storage pool (ASP) 1 (ASP device *SYSBAS) cannot be created into library PGMT in ASP 33 (ASP device WIASP). An object can only be created into a library in the same ASP as the object. I have attempted to try the CRTPRXCMD on other commands from a library thats in the same IASP as my library (ASP 33). Any help would be appreciated. Thanks, Matt

Re:The CL Corner: Use Your Own Names for Supplied Commands

** This thread discusses the article: The CL Corner: Use Your Own Names for Supplied Commands **
    Hello Matt, Unless this has changed, and I am no expert. A User ASP other then 1 can only contain *SAVF or Journal/Receivers. I bet if you create a temp library in ASP1, it will work for you. I will be watching this thread to know if I am wrong. Thanks, Keith

Comment

Yes things have chagned. IBM as now a thing called a Indenpendent ASP and its named. The IASP numbers start at 33 and up. We have only one and use it for a hot swap roll over to reduce the time for the roll over and reduce the need to replicate to the hot swap LPAR. I can create a proxy command in QGPL (ASP 1) from a command in a IASP (ASP 33) with no errors. It seems that I cannot create the proxy command into a IASP library (ASP 33). Thanks, Matt

Comment

If you have not done so already, I would suggest submitting an APAR on this. There is no reason a proxy command cannot exist in an Independent ASP. In most environments I would in fact expect the proxy command to be in the same IASP as the target command. If there was a restriction I would have expected it to be that the proxy and target needed to be in the same IASP -- the opposite of what you're reporting. Bruce (who apologizes for not responding earlier, I just noticed this thread...)

Comment

There is a PTF for V5.4 SI32960 (APAR SE34919) that fixes the problem. Thanks, Matt

Comment

Working...
          X