Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CL to monitor job queue and release jobs

Hello,
    I am looking for advice on how to create a CL that will actively monitor a specific job queue and release jobs.

All jobs that are submitted automatically go to hold status because the JOBD for end users is set to this. The business does not want to change the JOBD, so I need to come up with a way to actively monitor jobs for a specific queue and release jobs that are submitted.

Any ideas?

Thanks

When I had to monitor job-queues for a client project once, we started with a TAATOOL command, that as I remember converted the jobq to a database file.
    I am sure that there is an API on the IBM websites that will be the backbone of whatever you built. And maybe someone out there has already written what you need and will share it. - John V.

Comment

Taatool/cvtjobq

Hello! There is a command in TAATOOLs called CVTJOBQ. If you have TAATOOLS, you should have that command. I've attached a screen image from an SQL session, showing some of the data that is captured.

Bruce
      Attached Files

Comment

Another approach can be found in the article published earlier this week at http://www.mcpressonline.com/apis/th...job-queue.html.

Bruce

Comment

Working...
        X