New V5R2 Encryption APIs with PTF SI10060

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have working on encrption and decryption with RPG/400. Going crazy since 4 days.. I do understand COBOl. COuld you please mail me the COBOL code which you have mention as working nice. -DAN

Comment

Hi, I am trying to use encyption using RPG/400. It has been very rough with so many strange error expected with so little info on the same. Could you help in understandin these API's. A Sample could be head start ..

Comment

I have entered the sample code written by you and I get the following message. Could you let me know what the problem is..[*]RNF5412 20 1 An operand must not be specified for a procedure that does not return a value.[*]RNF1503 30 1 The prototype for the procedure was not previously defined.[*]RNF7030 30 1 The name or indicator is not defined.

Comment

PTF SI10060 provides these 5 APIs: Qc3EncryptData (QC3DTAEN) - Encrypt data Qc3DecryptData (QC3DTADE) - Decrypt data Qc3CalculateMAC (QC3CALMA) - Calculate message authentication code (mac) Qc3CalculateHash (QC3CALHA) - Calculate hash Qc3CalculateHMAC (QC3CALHM) - Calculate hash mac

Comment

The code I provided is only the procedure, you need to create a program that will call the procedure. Below is part of the test program I had created to test the encoding. My test program also included a call to a decoding procedure that is similar to the encoding procedure except for one MI parameter that tells the MI whether to encode or decode. Also note that when you test this the length of the value you request to encode MUST be either 16 or 32 characters. Again, this is a concept test, not a production procedure. I hope this works for you.
            Code

Comment

Working...
            X