Shared Activation Group

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shared Activation Group

That the shared activation relates to whether or not multiple jobs can share the activation group. I have no idea how to share an activation across multiple jobs, perhaps in C++? I found one comment on this at the following link. http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infoce...atk/EX2C26.htm

Shared Activation Group

I think that really means "Default Activation Group". Chris

Comment

Shared Activation Group

Kevin, Thanks, While I am still confused by what it is, from your response it would seem if I have COBOL program running in batch it is not relevant. Dave

Comment

Shared Activation Group

Let me put it this way, I have never seen a case where the "Activation Group" and "Shared Activation Group" on a DSPPGM did not match the ACTGRP and DFTACTGRP in the CRTBNDRPG/CRTPGM commands or those H-Spec keywords. What type of program are you looking at? RPG? Specifying *CALLER and *NO respectively allows you to run an RPG program in the default activation group and still use some RPG IV advanced features, even if the calling program is running in the default activation group. Chris

Comment

Shared Activation Group

DSPPGM shows some programs with activation group of *CALLER and Shared activation group *NO. Where can I understand more about what does "Shared activation group" mean and implications ?

Comment

Working...
          X