SNDDST

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SNDDST

It sounds like you need to format the column in Excel as "Text" and then you will see the leading zeros. HTH, Joe

SNDDST

I think the OS400 convert .CSV streamfile to Excel spreadsheet. All fields are text but if the values are numerics, it is converted to numeric. So in one column you can have a combination of Text and Numeric. This process was done automatically when you used SNDDST and attached a data from IFS as .CSV streamfile. I can do it manually but we send it through email server. Thanks Tiki

Comment

SNDDST

You can send eMail from an iSeries RPG, RPGLE, COBOL or CL program using the user's default email application on their PC (i.e., Outlook, Outlook Express, etc..) with the iSeries PC-Engine by TurboGorilla-Software. You can download a full function trial version at http://www.turbogorilla-software.com HTH

Comment

SNDDST

I tried to send data from IFS (.CSV) using SNDDST, and it worked fine, but I have some issues regarding Character field, which has numerical values. The leading zeros was being truncated when I received the file in Excel .CSV format. I have a item number which start with zeros like '000198' when the data was sent the actual value becomes 198 in spreadsheet. Is there any other setup I am missing here. Any help will be apreciated. Any help will be appreciated. Thanks TIKI

Comment

SNDDST

You have met a well known fault in all versions of Microsoft Excel. Excel does not provide a way to store purely character values within CSV files. Even values "wrapped in quotes" will be interpreted as numeric if it contains only digits, hence the missing zeros. Here's a little test to demonstrate the point. Use Excel to create a simple page that contains a few "item numbers" eg 00123. Save the page as CSV then reload it. The item numbers will have lost their leading zeros. If a program of mine had a fault like this I would feel quite shamed. One way around this is to create SYLK files instead of CSV files. SYLK files (aka SLK) have many advantages but take a lot of sweat & tears to master. Vincent.

Comment

Working...
          X