Activation groups for embedded SQL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Activation groups for embedded SQL

"How is the activation group set for a embedded SQL COBOL ILE program? CRTSQLCBLI (like CRTSQLRPGI) does not offer the ACTGRP(*CALLER) parameter. CRTBNDCBL has the ACTGRP parameter. In RPG ILE, ACTGRP can be set internally with a H spec. How is this done in COBOL?" I'm having a deadlock inserting a record with an already written cobol program and then trying to update it, with the calling rpg program. Commit control is active too. I'm hoping that getting everthing into the same activation group will help. Just guessing, tho..... Thanks Bill Barnes

Activation groups for embedded SQL

Bill Barnes wrote: > > "How is the activation group set for a embedded SQL COBOL ILE program? > CRTSQLCBLI (like CRTSQLRPGI) does not offer the ACTGRP(*CALLER) parameter. > CRTBNDCBL has the ACTGRP parameter. In RPG ILE, ACTGRP can be set > internally with a H spec. How is this done in COBOL?" > > I'm having a deadlock inserting a record with an already written cobol > program and then trying to update it, with the calling rpg program. Commit > control is active too. I'm hoping that getting everthing into the same > activation group will help. Just guessing, tho..... > Bill, I know of two ways to handle this: - you could create a module using CRTSQLCBLI OBJTYPE(*MODULE) and then do the CRTPGM yourself. - you could compile OPTION(*NOGEN) TOSRCFILE(MYLIB/MYFILE), and the compile the CBLLE source in MYLIB/MYFILE however you want.

Comment

Working...
    X