LNC9014

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LNC9014

Check your program size: --------------------------------------------------------- Message ID . . . . . . . . . : LNC9014 Message file . . . . . . . . : QLNCMSG Library . . . . . . . . . : QDEVTOOLS Message . . . . : Internal compiler error. Storage allocation failed. Cause . . . . . : There is not enough storage available. The compilation cannot continue. Recovery . . . : Free up storage on your system by deleting unwanted items, or reduce the size of your COBOL program. Try to compile again. Call your service representative if the problem continues.

LNC9014

This may result from some very large internal COBOL tables. I've seen these nest into a gazillion dimensions, each dimension containing an OCCURS clause. If left unchecked the program size will grow beyond reason. Dave

Comment

LNC9014

If this is a COBOL400 program try changing it to COBOL ILE which has much higher compiler limits. If not, just like Dave said, consider changing your program logic to reduce the size of the working storage.

Comment

LNC9014

Hi David, The cobol program is type CBLLE and also you are right that it does have a lot of OCCURS and Redefines but as we are migarting this code so I donot have the functional knowledge to reduce these occurs or redefines. Is there not other way to resolve this other than changing the program. Regards Aseem

Comment

LNC9014

Hi, We have some cobol program which when compiled give us an internal compiler error LNC9014. Does anybody have any idea why this is happening and what needs to be done to resolve this error. Regards Aseem

Comment

LNC9014

IMO, Any way that the problem is resolved will involve a change to the program. I suggest that you start with the OCCURS. Dave

Comment

Working...
            X