OPNQRYF and COBOL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OPNQRYF and COBOL

CRTBNDCBL defaults to activation group QILE. Your CL is probably running in the default activation group. Try changing the CL to CLLE and compiling it into QILE activation group as well. That should fix the problem.

OPNQRYF and COBOL

Thanks but changing the activation group did not work. It still ignores the OPNQRYF KEYFLD parameter. Thanks!!!!

Comment

OPNQRYF and COBOL

Can you verify that the OPNQRYF is being seen by the program at all? Put in an impossible select clause and see if the cobol program still gets data. If it does - then its more than just the KEYFLD that is being missed. Also - consider debugging the program and using dspjob to see what overrides and activation groups are active. Good luck

Comment

OPNQRYF and COBOL

Compile your CBLLE with ACTGRP(*CALLER)

Comment

OPNQRYF and COBOL

I converted an existing CBL type program to CBLLE by just changing the object type in PDM. I recompiled and all went well. When I now run this program in my CL it ignores the OPNQRYF KEYFLD parameter. I change it back to CBL and it runs perfectly. No changes made to program. Just an object type change and recompile. Is there something I am missing? Thanks in advance...

Comment

OPNQRYF and COBOL

You were right to begin with. I missed a step. Thanks and sorry so late in replying!!!!

Comment

Working...
            X