SFLCSRRRN and RTNCSRLOC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SFLCSRRRN and RTNCSRLOC

You can use SFLCSRRRN to determine the releative record number of the subfile. I am unsure about the field name. Dave

SFLCSRRRN and RTNCSRLOC

You can use the DDS keyword RTNCSRLOC with parameters for the record format, field name, and position. The parameters refer to hidden fields in your record format. Along with the SFLCSRRRN that David mentioned, now you have the RRN of the sfl, and the field which was "clicked" on.
    Code

Comment

SFLCSRRRN and RTNCSRLOC

Be careful when you do this. I have had problems when a user double clicks on a number field with a corresponding F.-key for example clicking on a 3 will process like F3 exit has been hit. I suggest you test for this before you put anything in production.

Comment

SFLCSRRRN and RTNCSRLOC

I believe this sort of reaction is due to the settings of the emulator (Client Access or whatever you have). I know in Client Access I can set it up to allow double clicks on characters like F3, F5, etc. to actually "EXECUTE" the F3, F5 as if I pressed the key. It is something to look out for though. Garrett

Comment

SFLCSRRRN and RTNCSRLOC

Hi, I have a subfile with several detail-lines. Each of these lines contain 3 fields (totals of some amounts). I like to know if it is possible to click or double-click on one of the 3 fields in the sub-file-detailrecord and to show an other screen with more information concerning the clicked field. I guess it should be done with SFLCSRRRN to catch the detail-record but can i also catch the field-name which was clicked on ? (perhaps RTNCSRLOC could help ?) I like to do this with ONE action. Any coding of this would greatly be appreciated.

Comment

SFLCSRRRN and RTNCSRLOC

Sorry, I had to review my notes from 2003. When I released the program I had to set up the hot spots in Client Access (edit-preferences-hotspots) for the users of those screens to respond to Enter at cursor position, and not respond to any of the point and select hot spots. When the users Client Access was updated the default changed and I had to reset them back to respond to Enter at cursor position or my screens no longer would respond to the mouse clicks.

Comment

Working...
            X