LPEX Editor not working properly

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LPEX Editor not working properly

I have no idea what an LPEX editor is or what you are doing, but the source files on the 400 have 3 fields, SRCSEQ, SRCDAT and SRCDTA. In the statement you show, 002000 is the sequence number and you are correct that 031027 is the changed date of the statement. I'd suspect that your source file is not defined correctly. It may have been copied to a flat file. Do a DSPFFD library/filename to check for the fields names and lengths as shown below. If your source file is correct, sorry I don't know how to debug your editor. If the source file is a single field, try: CRTSRCPF library/newsource NOTE: you may need to specify source file length, same as you saw in the DSPFFD above. CPYF library/oldsource library/newsource FROMMBR(*ALL) TOMBR(*FROMMBR) MBROPT(*REPLACE) FMTOPT(*NOCHK) -dan
    Code

Did you ever get this fixed ?

Comment

Yes, sort of. I really didn't get it corrected, but I was able to create a new workspace and it starts up with the editor working correctly. I'm still not used to working in WDSc. It is still slowing me down! But I am trying to get used to it and learn to use it more efficiently.

Comment

I am having a problem with using the LPEX editor. Looking at the code below, the '002000031027' is actually part of the code, starting in column 1. This is causing every line to be in error. Before this number is the sequence number area. The editor profile is 'seu'. My question is, how do I get rid of these digits. The last 6 digits appear to be a date, but the 'Show Date Area' is not checked. Also, when I make changes to the code, it is not saved. Any help will be greatly appreciated!, Bryan
        Code

Comment

WDSC has undergone massive changes since you first reported this error, and I wouldn't be surprised if it has been fixed. However, if you run across it again, please let us know (and more importantly, let the WDSC developers know). Joe

Comment

Working...
          X