Compiling in batch problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Compiling in batch problem

Hi, I'm using Websphere Dev Studio Client v5.1 for the iSeries. I'm trying to get it to compile my programs in batch, but it doesn't work. In the iSeries Commands Log window, I can see the SBMJOB that it says that it executed, and the message below the command says that the "Command completed". However, I look for the compile job on my iSeries and it is nowhere to be found and the program has not been compiled. I also can't find any error messages anywhere saying why the SBMJOB didn't seem to work. Does anyone have any ideas? We are at V5R2 on our iSeries. By the way, I am able to compile the program interactively, but I would prefer to do it in batch if possible. Dean Eshleman MMA, Inc.

Compiling in batch problem

By default the submitted job uses the job description from the user profile that was signed on during the connection of wds to the iSeries. You can change that job description to Log(4 00 *seclvl) Logclpgm(*yes) and you will get a job log. The submitted jobs will also be listed in the "iSeries job status" window (one automatically opens up when I submit a job but I am not sure why) but you can open it by looking at the perspectives. If you left click on the job, the dropdown will have "task action", from that, select "retrieve errors". This should work if you have not changed the compile statements as the list is retrieved from the event file created by the compilers. The event files are created because of the option parameter *EVENTF on the create commands.

Comment

Working...
    X