Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cant change LIBL for RSE or CODE compiles.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cant change LIBL for RSE or CODE compiles.

In order to get the correct library list for a compile, you can use the Subsystem property of the connection. Right-click on your connection and select Properties. Click on the "Subsystems" entry in the navigation tree. You'll then see a screen where you can add libraries for your library list, or even call a program. For temporary purposes, you can just change these values, then disconnect and reconnect to the iSeries. For a more permanent solution, you might try creating a new connection with those properties, and then open that connection when you're doing testing. Here's another thought, though: remember that you can call a program. You might have that program set the library list, and it could set a different library list based on the contents of a data area. Then, simply change the data area when you plan on doing test compiles, and change it back when you're done testing. Joe Pluta Author, WDSC: Step by Step (Another gratuitous plug! )

Yes, I have the latest updates. Have a program in a test library. Need to compile it with the test library in the LIBL. OK, sounds easy... I sign on to RSE with my test user profile - the one that compiles it correctly from green screen, compile it and it still finds the production library in the list, rather than the test library. I compile it from CODE and it does the same thing. I know that the CODE program Generator Settings panel, Batch tab allows for a different job description to be used. I put my test *jobd in there, compile it, the compile shows the test *jobd name, but STILL has the production rather than test library in the list. What fun is the RSE or CODE, when I have to keep going back to the green screen to compile?

Comment

In RSE right click on the name of the connection click properties, it brings up properties for screen. Click the subsystems on the left. Brings up iSeries object/iSeries commands tabs. Under the iSeries objects tab, in the middle of the screen you can put the Libr/JOBD for your job. You can find this value in PDM. If you use the JOBD on your system to assign the library list this is the way you should do this. If you want a specific list all the time that doesn't depend on the JOBD then... click the iSeries Commands tab and you can put specific entries in at the begining or the end of the library list if you wish. I don't believe you can specify *after or *before libraries. You can also specify an initial command if you have command/program that runs when you sign on. I hope that helps

Comment

Working...
      X