RSE - source file mbr list out of date

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RSE - source file mbr list out of date

Same thing happens to me. Obviously some bug somewhere. My workaround is to collapse all my filter lists before I close WDSc. When I start it again the next day, and expand the lists, all is well.

Since upgrading to WDSc 5.1.2, I have noticed an oddity. I have a filter set up to just look at source files in my own test library. When I initially fire up WDSc, and go into RSE, I can view a list of source mbrs in each source file. Unfortunately, the list that I see is very much out of date. It lists all manner of source mbrs that I worked on ages ago, which do not reside anymore in my iSeries test library. When I hit the Refresh button, then all is well, as it becomes current. However, I should not have to hit the Refresh button every single time I go into RSE. Any ideas?

Comment

I think it's primarily a performanc issue. Some folk have large numbers of objects in a filter and it could take a long time to refresh in such circumstances, and it would take a long time for WDSc to open. Under Window/Preference/Remote Systems there is a "Re-open Remote System view to previous state" check box and under it is a "Use cached information to restore the Remote System view" checkbox. If you disable caching here it might automatically check all objects when RSE opens. Sam

Comment

Working...
      X