How do i even START the debugger?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do i even START the debugger?

this is what i got at ibm.com. . . - No results were found for your search "QRSEMAIN". Please try again, using different search terms or go back to previous page. - Must be a real stumper!

searched the Websphere Development Studio Client for iSeries, Websphere Information Center, (the help), and this is what i got for QRSEMAIN: - Nothing found. -

Comment

STRRSESVR wll not work if QRSEMAIN is not on your system. QRSEMAIN resides in library QDEVTOOLS, which is installed as part of WebSphere Development Studio (5722WDS). What version of OS/400 are you on, and do you have 5722WDS installed? Joe

Comment

so far i have not figured out if we have 5722WDS installed...(i'm guessing probably not, huh?) will let you know.

Comment

yes, we have 5722wds installed, here's a snapshot of the wrklicinf Display License Information 01/27/05 . . : 5722WDS . . : V5R3M0 . . : 5050 . . : WebSphere Development Studio for iSer . . : *KEYED . . : *CONCURRENT . . : *NOMAX . . : 12/07/04 08:47:58 . . : *NOMAX . . : .00 . . : 6.00 . . : 12/06/04 11:57:15

Comment

Well, if you have QDEVTOOLS and yet you do not see program QRSEMAIN in QDEVTOOLS, then one of three things has happened: 1. You do not have authority to the program 2. The program has been deleted from the library 3. The program was never in the library Option one is something you can check. Option two is a possible culprit, which means you'll need to restore it from backups somehow. Option three means either 5722WDS was not installed properly, or IBM moved the object between V5R1 (my machine) and V5R3 (your machine). One way to help determine which case is to do a DSPCMD STRRSESVR, and look at the "Program to process command". On my machine, it says QRSEMAIN in library QDEVTOOLS. If it says the same thing on your machine, then its back to either option one or two. Joe

Comment

thank you, Its back to 1 or 2 =========================================== Command . . . . . . . : STRRSESVR Library . . . Program to process command . . . . . . : QRSEMAIN Library . . . . . . . . . . . . . . : QDEVTOOLS State used to call program . . . . . : *USER Source file . . . . . . . . . . . . . : S000001064 Library . . . . . . . . . . . . . . : QTEMP Source file member . . . . . . . . . . : STRRSESVR =========================================== About 2: Who's going to delete it? nobody knows that library even exists! seems highly unlikely 5722SS1 V5R3M0 040528 Display Library Library . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . : QDEVTOOLS Type . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . : PROD Number of objects . . . . . . . . . . . : 191 Library ASP number . . . . . . . . . . : 1 Library ASP device . . . . . . . . . . : *SYSBAS Create authority . . . . . . . . . . . : *CHANGE Text description . . . . . . . . . . . : public has these rights: -----Object------ ------Data------- O M E A R R A U D E X X X did a dspobjd on QDEVTOOLS...we did the upgrade jan 15. . . Object . . . . . . . : QDEVTOOLS Attribute . . . . Library . . . . . : QSYS Owner . . . . . . Library ASP device . : *SYSBAS Primary group . . Type . . . . . . . . : *LIB Change/Usage information: Change date/time . . . . . . . . . : 01/15/05 22:40:11 Usage data collected . . . . . . . : NO Last used date . . . . . . . . . . : Days used count . . . . . . . . . : 0 Reset date . . . . . . . . . . . : Allow change by program . . . . . : YES Auditing/Integrity information: Object auditing value . . . . . . : *NONE Digitally signed . . . . . . . . . : NO =========================================== about 1: I dont have authority? Could be. But shouldnt i be able to do dspobjaut on it? "Object QRSEMAIN in library QDEVTOOLS type *PGM not found. " =========================================== Joe, thank you for all your help. You've told me enough already! At least i know i am not crazy... will post back when i have a fix.

Comment

is this better for the *PUBLIC rights? (DID A DSPOBJAUT ON QDEVTOOLS LIB)
                Code

Comment

went to rse, then on the 400 object, did a verify connection: tells me i am missing some ptfs! Product 5722WDS found Required PTF SI13077 is missing Required PTF SI14323 is missing

Comment

Joe, remember option 3? " Option three means either 5722WDS was not installed properly, or IBM moved the object between V5R1 (my machine) and V5R3 (your machine). " Based on what i've seen so far, seems IBM did not move QRSEMAIN from one library to another when going to V5R3. . . . no...they just left it out altogether!

Comment

I asked someone who has V5R3, and their version of STRRSESVR works fine. It calls QRSEMAIN in QDEVTOOLS, and the program is there. You're back to options 1 or 2, I think. But at the same time, you might want to get all your PTFs applied. That's usually a good idea. Joe

Comment

What is the result of the command DSPSFWRSC? Pay close attention to product 5722WDS; you should have many options there, but in particular are a number of options in the 60-69 range. Those are the ones you want. Joe

Comment

This is what i got. dont see 60-69 stuff
                          Code

Comment

We have an option 60 installed on V5R2: 5722WDS 60 5050 Workstation Tools - Base

Comment

all ptfs are in, everything is installed. do STRRSESVR (and then i specify the ip address of my as/400) and then i get this: Error connecting to Remote Systems Explorer Message . . . . : Error connecting to Remote Systems Explorer Cause . . . . . : The STRRSESVR command could not create a TCP/IP connection to the Remote Systems Explorer (RSE) at remote location 199.254.250.181 on port 4300. Possible causes: The iSeries RSE communications daemon has not been started on the client. The remote location name is not a correct TCP/IP hostname or address. The iSeries RSE communications daemon is listening on a different port number. Start the iSeries communication daemon and verify that the remote location name and port are valid. ======================== so: am using a pc, have wadsc for iseries running open up an emulation session to the as/400 type STRRSESVR (and then i specify the ip address of my as/400) and get the error. so what should i specify for the connection name? where i am putting the ip address of my as/400? should i somehow be specifying the ip address of my pc?

Comment

Working...
                              X