Testing Stored Procedure

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Testing Stored Procedure

Do you have iSeries Navigator? I test stored procs from there. Click on Databases | SQL Performance | the Run SQL Script link. You might also view files SYSPROCS and SYSPARMS to see if the stored proc was created as you expect. Chris

Testing Stored Procedure

Yes, I have tested in iSeries Navigator and it works fine there, it even shows the result variables. All appears fine in the SYSPROCS and SYSPARMS tables. I think it may be that WDSC is expecting variables to post the result values to instead of the constants I am passing but I am not sure if that is the problem. I was hoping to test the SP with something a little less tied to iSeries than Navigator. Our VB programmers are having trouble calling it and I am trying to verify that the SP is callable external to the iSeries. Thanks for the reply.

Comment

Testing Stored Procedure

Set a Service Entry point for that program name in WDSC (I'm assuming it's an external stored proc) and that user ID. Then, when that user id runs that program, it kicks in to debug in your WDSC! (cool huh?) It could also be an authority issue on the program object. Does it use adopted authority? Does the user id have *EXECUTE or *USE authority call the program? You might also find the QZDASOINIT job and view that job log. Chris

Comment

Testing Stored Procedure

How do I call a Stored Procedure from WDSc? I would like to test it and see the result set. Any ideas! I am running the following sql script in the Data perspective: call MAGLIB.TS$CSALS('VMG10161NE', ' ', ' ', ' ', ' ', ' ', ' ', ' ', ' ', ' ') In the Confirm export results window I am receiving the following error: [SQL0469] IN, OUT or INOUT not valid for parameter 2 in procedure TS$CSALS in MAGLIB.

Comment

Working...
        X