RSE Job Logging

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RSE Job Logging

sodonnell wrote: > Is there a way to cause the WDSC RSE to log its activity on the > iSeries in a job log like you get with a standard 5250 session? You might get a better response on Midrange.com's WDSC list, IBMer's actively participate on it. Bill

RSE Job Logging

Yeah, I thought about that, but after twice trying to register there for that mailing list and not getting a response either time...I gave up. I don't know if the administration of that particular list has fallen through the cracks or what.

Comment

RSE Job Logging

sodonnell wrote: > Yeah, I thought about that, but after twice trying to register there for that mailing list and not getting a response either time...I gave up. I don't know if the administration of that particular list has fallen through the cracks or what. Are you talking the WDSC list on midrange.com? That's hard to believe. David Gibbs (who runs midrange.com) is very professional and very responsive. Just last week/weekend there was some issue with, I think, the archives. He was out of town on vacation, detected it, and reported to the members he would correct whatever the problem was when he got back to town. This was before anyone knew there was a problem. Try it again. It's well worth it. -- Jeff Crosby Dilgard Frozen Foods, Inc. P.O. Box 13369 Ft. Wayne, IN 46868-3369 260-422-7531 The opinions expressed are my own and not necessarily the opinion of my company. Unless I say so.

Comment

RSE Job Logging

Hi, Is there a way to cause the WDSC RSE to log its activity on the iSeries in a job log like you get with a standard 5250 session? What I'm looking for is a job log, at the end of the day, that shows what programs and files were checked out and compiled. I realize that the checkout part may not be possible without a change management solution in place such as Aldon, but maybe the compile logging is available? I've tried changing the logging level of the QZBSJOBD job description to give me more information but that doesn't really do what I want. Is this even possible to get this informaiton logged from WDSC? Thanks Shannon O'Donnell

Comment

RSE Job Logging

Yeah, I thought it was odd too as I usually never have a problem subscribing to any of those lists. Here's all I've gotten (below) all 3 times now (I did it again this morning) when I registered. I never get a confirmation (like I always have with all the other midrange.com lists) or any acknowledgement. I considered that this list might not send a confirmation so I tried to log in to see if I was subscribed and of course, it didn't recognize me. I dunno...I'm sure it's a temporary glitch and it's always possible that somehow I'm incorrectly typing in my email addess (3 times now) on the registration page, although that's a stretch... ------------------------------------------------------------- WDSCI-L Subscription results Your subscription request has been received, and will soon be acted upon. Depending on the configuration of this mailing list, your subscription request may have to be first confirmed by you via email, or approved by the list moderator. If confirmation is required, you will soon get a confirmation email which contains further instructions. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- WDSCI-L list run by david at midrange.com WDSCI-L administrative interface (requires authorization) Overview of all midrange.com mailing lists version 2.1.7

Comment

RSE Job Logging

sodonnell wrote: > Yeah, I thought it was odd too as I usually never have a problem subscribing to any of those lists. Here's all I've gotten (below) all 3 times now (I did it again this morning) when I registered. > > I never get a confirmation (like I always have with all the other midrange.com lists) or any acknowledgement. I considered that this list might not send a confirmation so I tried to log in to see if I was subscribed and of course, it didn't recognize me. I dunno...I'm sure it's a temporary glitch and it's always possible that somehow I'm incorrectly typing in my email addess (3 times now) on the registration page, although that's a stretch... > > ------------------------------------------------------------- > > WDSCI-L Subscription results > Your subscription request has been received, and will soon be acted upon. Depending on the configuration of this mailing list, your subscription request may have to be first confirmed by you via email, or approved by the list moderator. If confirmation is required, you will soon get a confirmation email which contains further instructions. > -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- > > WDSCI-L list run by david at midrange.com > WDSCI-L administrative interface (requires authorization) > Overview of all midrange.com mailing lists > > version 2.1.7 Try sending him an email at david@fallingrock.net which is the email he wants used when midrange.com is down. Explain what's happening and I bet he figures it out PDQ. -- Jeff Crosby Dilgard Frozen Foods, Inc. P.O. Box 13369 Ft. Wayne, IN 46868-3369 260-422-7531 The opinions expressed are my own and not necessarily the opinion of my company. Unless I say so.

Comment

Working...
            X